Weird bugs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by radionotme, Sep 25, 2008.

1. radionotme

radionotme New Member

Hi all, I just got my touch 2G (firmware 2.1.1) on Monday, and I'm having some problems.
    Sometimes it all works fine, but occassionally the home button goes bonkers, either not responding at all, or acting as if its been pressed constantly.
    e.g. I tried to watch a video last night and three minutes in it reset back to the home screen. I tried to carry on from where I left off and after a few seconds, back to the home screen.
    Then it went bonkers, with the music overlay appearing (the one you get when double-tapping the home button) and I was unable to launch any programs without it going back to the home screen.
    Finally, trying to switch it off made it act like a camera. The whole screen flashed white and there was a shutter sound like on digital cameras when a picture is taken.
    I was able to turn it off by holding down the button and sliding the red slider eventually.

It happened again this morning, this time with music. After two or three songs it started resetting back to the home screen again and I got the camera effect with the power button. After shutting it down and restarting it seems to be OK now, but I'm sure its just a matter of time.

Anyone else had any similar issues?
  2. JAD

JAD New Member

No, sorry. If you upgraded from 2.1 to 2.1.1 via itunes it would pay to try re-installing 2.1.1 again.
  3. wcnghj

wcnghj New Member

Pressing the home button and the power button causes a screenshot to be taken.

My touch 2G is being exchanged this weekend for problems such as a sticking accelerometer, battery that lasts 2 hours on Safari, and random crashes.

I recommend you exchange yours also.
  4. Tonelli

Tonelli New Member

Same problem here, got a brand new ipod touch last week, it worked properly for 3 days and then, it will just randomly quit any apps im in and bring me back to the home screen. The top button then only takes screenshot instead of being a normal sleep/wake button. Also, while listening my music, it will randomly stops and bring me back again to home screen. I tried to reset my ipod, starting fresh but will still do the same thing... quite frustrating... any hints?
  5. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G

well first, i would call up apple. if anything, you may have to send it in for either repairs, or to get a new one.

i really think that we should collect a petition of all our 2g touch problems, and send it in to apple, have them address all these problems, and possiblely have a mass recall of the 1st salvo releases of the 2g itouch. anyone concur?
  6. f.lix

f.lix New Member

im having the same problem, my appls are in the ipod but when i opened bring me back to the home screen....

Please Register or Log in to view images

any help?
  7. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had a home button problem so i went to the apple store, and they replaced it, havent had problems since i got the new one. Maybe the very first ones were bad? (got it the day it came out)
  8. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

I ordered a 2G Touch from somewhere, but they don't have it in stock yet (I'm on a waiting list)

Be honest people, should I just cancel the order and wait a month or so till all these problems are taken care of? I don't live in a country where I can't just waltz into an Apple store an exchange it :/
  9. griffinm7

griffinm7 New Member

Same here. In the UK and have had my 2nd Gen Touch less than a week. Apps just stopped working and kept taking me back to the home screen. Tried to reload my apps via Itunes, without success. It said my computer did not have authorisation to use them on my computer. What??!!

I hope this is not the beginning of problems with the Touch. I'm a recent convert to Ipod after many years of resistance. I love the Touch, but hope Apple can sort out these software bugs. :-(
  10. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

i jailbroke this firmware..