Weird Black Screen? o.O

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by monse, May 5, 2008.

1. monse

monse Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey people!
    I just want to share with you guys the most weird experience I have had with the ipod so far...
    You see, I was just randomly goofing off instead of doing my HW when I decided to download a vido via MxTube (great app, I really recommend it). I then turned on my ipodtouch and... no response. That was weird, so I tried again.
    And so I got scared, since there was no answer. I then hurried to plug it in for it to charge or give a signal that it was alive or something when I noticed that ALL the screen was black (except for a bit around the margins)
    I grew scared that I would have to restore, since I don't have a backup of either my apps or my music.
    And, with no hope for me, I pressed the on and home buttons down, and out of nowhere, the little apple popped up. And my ipod was alive again.
    Once I unlocked it, it told me that it had 20% battery left and to charge it as possible. And now here it is, by my side, being charged as I type.
    Could it only be due to dead battery? Or was there something really wrong with it after all?
    Please post if you have an idea of what happened, I am afraid that my ipod is undergoing dangerous possibilities in the future. I plan to do a backup soon, just in case.
    Any comments are appreciated.
    M~*
  2. captainaids

captainaids New Member

its probably nothing, mxtube often craps up my touch and the blackscreen happend to me too (jailbroken 1.1.2) and my friends non-jailbroken ipod (always up-to-date). when my ipod crashes the battery always shows empty, but after a couple of minutes it shows its real capacity again.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Don't worry about it, it was just a glitch.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    A force reboot will always fix stuff like that. MxTube doesn't go messing with permissions in your iPod system, so you should be good.
  5. monse

monse Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yay! I am much more calm now! Thanks everyone for answering! Will REP you all ;D
    M~*
  6. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    This happened to me a few days before after locking the iPod, at full battery. I pressed a few buttons and it suddenly was normal again... funny.