Weird 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 downgrade problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by rooneyband, Jan 29, 2008.

1. rooneyband

rooneyband New Member

Maybe I'm a complete idiot, but I never had this problem before leopard. I'm on iTunes 7.6 (It did the same on 7.5)...anyhow. When I shift click update, it doesn't recognize the IPSW file. When I download it, it's in its zipped form, but when leopard unzips it, I just get the contents of the file instead of the whole IPSW file itself, making it impossible for iTunes to recognize it. Any thing I can do?
  2. Darkdoom

Darkdoom New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    On my Computer the file is actually named: iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw

Maybe you would find this on Google or so and download it in an non-zip form.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It comes in .ipsw.zip form. All you have to do is rename it and erase the .zip Part.

@rooneyband Are you on Windows or Mac? Because for Mac, you use OPTION/ALT instead of Shift. And it has to be 7.5, based on what I saw. Also DO NOT DELETE THE FILE AFTER ITS UNZIPPED. Just delete the Zipped folder. But Keep the IPSW file.
  4. rooneyband

rooneyband New Member

I am on a Mac running Leopard. I can't find the actual ipsw file in the folder, so I'm really confused. I'll downgrade to 7.5 to see if that helps.