Weekly update about out of the box iPhone 1.1.2 unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddy123, Dec 18, 2007.

1. eddy123

eddy123 New Member

Here is the point I collected from the forum and all over the internet. I wrote this and hope people know more about OTB iPhone 1.1.2 unlock without asking repeat questions again.

1. Geohot released a NCK brute force tool. This is a neutral news and may or may not help for out of the box iPhone 1.1.2 unlock.

2. Out of the box iPhone with firmware 1.1.2 (or we called them the newest OTB iPhone.) cannot be unlocked at the moment. They are having the bootloader 4.6. Old iPhone have the bootloader 3.9. You can use TurboSIM to trick your iPhone and use all the functions completely. But, this is not considered as unlock.

3. New iNdependence 1.3.1 can help to jailbreak out of the box iPhone 1.1.2, but not the unlock.

4. If your iPhone have bootloader 3.9 (that means your iPhone originally comes with 1.1.1 firmware or lower), it can be unlocked even upgrade to 1.1.2. Take a look of the iPhone ultimate guide page here. It is all tested under iTunes 7.5.

5. There are some news saying 2 theoretical exploits found in OTB iPhone 1.1.2. But now it is confirmed this is a very neutral news that may not help for OTB iPhone software unlock.

6. OTB iPhone 1.1.2 can be unlocked ONLY next new firmware 1.1.3 have the new baseband. That means if the new firmware 1.1.3 is having 04.02.13_G, that means no luck to obtain the “seczone” which is essential to software unlock OTB iPhone 1.1.2.

7. When will be the next firmware 1.1.3 released? God knows. Rumours are saying the Saturday and apparently it’s a bullsh*t. Now, wait and see.

8. A recent video showing a German guy unlock OTB iPhone without using TurboSIM. I cannot confirm it is true or not, but apparently he asked money for solution and you guys should not pay. Other peoples said this guy actually asked some basic hacking techniques in the forum. That means he may probably don’t know how to do it.

9. France’s official unlocked iPhone is confirmed to be work for other foreign country’s SIM card. That means after you bought France’s official unlocked iPhone, you can use a US SIM card or whatever SIM card you like. iLounge confirmed this. France’s operator Orange, the one who sell the official unlocked iPhone, should work for any carrier all around the world. Only the visual voice mail may not work properly because it depends on the carrier. Another user kevinbr also confirmed this. Noted volkspost added you need to use iWorld to choose other country and make it work. That is easy to do so. You can install iWorld from Installer by choosing under “Tweaks (1.1.2)” category.

Hence, iPhone Atlas’s news is WRONG and INCORRECT.

10. Refurbished iPhone 1.1.1 or lower now also comes with bootloader 4.6. Apple makes those refurbished iPhone to have newest bootloader 4.6. Therefore, if you bought a new or refurbished iPhone recently (which is out of the box iPhone 1.1.2 firmware), no matter what your serial number is, it cannot be unlocked at the moment. You need TurboSIM to trick iPhone so that you can use the phone function.

Note I will keep updating all you guys and write the news round-up every week. Keep clicking and subscribe to my site’s feed.

http://www.winandmac.com/news/weekly-update-about-out-of-the-box-iphone-112-unlock/
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    wow! VERY informative post. as an iphone user, i must commend you!
  3. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Great post, Thanks for all the info. Im starting to do all my researching as Im gonna purchase an iPhone ''hopefully'' lol soon

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Fluid3kgt

Fluid3kgt New Member

So the 1.1.2 jailbreak method release by iphone dev team won't work on a brand new OTB iphone if it is preloaded with 1.1.2 firmware?
    I have a 16gb ipod touch which I thought was a breeze to jailbreak and add iphone apps, but now I'm realizing there aren't as many wifi hot spots as I would've hoped for heh..looking into getting an Iphone now..but it seems like it might not be a good time..
    Advice anyone?
  5. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    the jailbreak works with all versions of ipod/iphone, there's just no way to unlock a OTB 1.1.2 iphone right now
  6. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ya thats the sh**ty thing with 1.1.2 FW iPhones and well my luck I have one haha its just an iTouch right now...
    Supposable I read a guy in China has unlocked the first 1.1.2 FW iPhone with a software Mod, I don't know how true this is but if anyone else heard anything lets me know or these might even be old news and I just came across it haha
    Thanks
  7. AniCTL

AniCTL New Member

Hello guys,
    was able to jailbreak my new out of the box iphone v1.1.2 successfully, hope to get one of the turbo or stealt sim for it while sim unlock is awaited. I think this is the best option for now. Thanks guys for your dedication
  8. touch_it

touch_it New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hi guys im getting a new iphone..i guess its going to have a 112 firmware in it most likely..but at the moment can i apply /activat it for now using att? or i have to wait so that i can use any sim? or i can go ahead and activat it from att and completely unlock it when the 4.6 bootloader been passed?