Week 43 v Week 41: Darker menus HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by touchmanic, Nov 8, 2007.

1. touchmanic

touchmanic New Member

Hi folks, was wondering if anyone has experienced this too? I had a week 41 touch that was replaced due to dead pixels by a week 43. Now, i am very happy with my new touch but there is a slight inkling of disappointment in that the screen contrast seems to be darker than the week 41. The light blue menu bar across the top of the screen (ie when browsing albums) seems to be a bit more grey/blue that before. Is there a problem with my screen or do you think it's just a new type of screen being used? Look forward to you replies!
  2. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It is normal apparently. If you look at the shots of the touch, that is what its supposed to be. Being someone that has exchanged my unit about three times, I have noticed this:

Week 36-38 have a slight light blue, though Week 39+ has higher contrast and looks more gray. So your Week 41 touch is actually one of the few that has a blue tint to it. It is the norm now.
  3. touchmanic

touchmanic New Member

Thanks Complexis....yes, i think the contrast is probably better on my new unit but just seems odd as everything is a bit more grey and the text is bolder black. However, having done this contrast test:
    http://members.verizon.net/~vze2rc5x/GreyScale2.jpg
    I can see all of them quite clearly but on the week 41 unit they were not as well defined.
    Thanks!
    Now, to jailbreak or not to jailbreak?!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. touchmanic

touchmanic New Member

Also, do images look a bit coral-like when examined closely on the ipod touch? If I look closely at some of my high res album artwork it seems a bit pixellated. Is this normal? Sorry, just a bit paranoid as I don't want my new unit to be inferior to my old one!
  5. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You sound like me. lol. Yes, if zoomed in too much it will be normal to see a bit coral and also for the music note for album art you don't have in cover flow also looks kinda pixellated if examined closely.

My advice is, to Jailbreak.
  6. touchmanic

touchmanic New Member

Ha ha! Thanks Complexis! Good to know I'm not the only one going all anal about my ipod touch screen! Definitely going to Jailbreak, just going to see what this update offers tomorrow....i don't hold high hopes!