WEdICT pRO Dictionary pRoblem

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by hexsneaker, Sep 17, 2008.

1. hexsneaker

hexsneaker New Member

hi i purchase the wedict Pro thinking it will be better than the free one which keep on crashing everytime i put the dictionary i get on cydia but this PRO WEDICT is a piece of crap i cant even think how to upload dictionaries please help me i know they always say search i did search but theres no particular thread on this subject !

thanks !
  2. sn00pee

sn00pee New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    your first mistake was downloading dictionaries from cydia, when WEDICT pro allows you to download dictionaries from the internet (although you have to type the address in manually). I would delete and reinstall and try that way.

btw wedict 1.1.4 jb > current wedict

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. hexsneaker

hexsneaker New Member

man that sucks okay can u atleast tell me what are the urls to use on wedict pro?
  4. mofolo

mofolo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  5. bickerer

bickerer New Member

WeDict Pro

Yesterday I bought WeDict Pro. I have been using the free version. But recently WeDict free version disappeared from the Apple Store. I was forced to buy the Full version after upgrading the Firmware to 2.2.1
    Though the WeDict Pro comes with only one English Dictionary (ie WordNet), we can download most of the popular English-English dictionaries from StarDict.

I downloaded the following stardict dictionaries:
    Oxford Dictionary, Cambridge, Merriam-Webster, Longman and American Heritage Dictionary.

The WeDict Pro version has many advantages compared to the free version:
    1. Search is fast
    2. Has built-in English pronunciation.
    3. Shows meanings in semantic tree view.
    4. Easy to upload dictionaries. It provides an FTP server. So there is no need to jailbreak and install OpenSSH and use SSH clients