WeDict on 2.0 - How to add dictionaries?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by yosmuc, Aug 15, 2008.

1. yosmuc

yosmuc New Member

Hey everyone,

I got the WeDict from the app store on my iPhone and wanted to add, through SSH, one more dictionary that I need. I found the right folder to put the 2 files I created .dict and .idx but they do not appear in the dictionary.

I think I unzipped too many times, and sometimes I changed the names of the .dict with .gz and so on... I read so many explanations and got only confused and I am totally exhusted.

PLEASE if someone can help with how u do it the right way.. I use leopard and not even sure if I have the right programm to make unzip (its a trail one that allow only 10 times to unzip)

Thx alot
    Yosi
    Germany
  2. nuckfumbertheory

nuckfumbertheory New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i tried this and my wedict wouldnt open after that.

i would also like some help if someone figures this out
  3. katak

katak New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1-Download the free app from app store
    2-SSH your custom dictionaries to: /User/Applications/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/WeDict.app/
    3-Respring/Reboot your ipod
    4-SSH to your ipod/iphone and move the whole WeDict.app folder to /Applications (/var/stash/Applications.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/)
    5-Delete your Wedict.app on home screen.
    6-Using Winscp(terminal should work for mac),right click on Wedict.app that you had move-->properties-->change 722 to 777 (at the bottom of it, set to group)
    7-create folder name Documents in /var/mobile/ and set the properties to 777 too.
    8-Respring/Reboot your ipod/iphone.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

The Cydia STE repository has WeDict dictionaries, and Ste is planning to port some more.
  5. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

Easier Way
    Go to Music Folder/iTunes/Mobile Applications
    Open WeDict.ipa with winzip, winrar, 7-zip, etc...
    Go to Wedict.ipa/Payload/Wedict.app (inside of Wedict.ipa)
    Add your dictionaries like you would on Jailbroken Wedict (add the .dict and .idx) inside wedict.app
    NOTE: if you download the dictionaries from stardict.org or whatever they have a high chance of being inside a .tar.gz or what ever UNIX compression format, also the .dict is inside the .tz or something and when adding, have the .dict and .idx the same name for example: if the .dict was Dead.dict then the .idx would be Dead.idx
    Last step, sync your ipod after removing wedict from it

Only downside, when u update wedict, the dictionaries are gone

i kno it works with wedict pro but im pretty sure this way works too