weDict 0.7.1

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mr Power, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Mr Power

Mr Power New Member

I just updated to weDict 0.7.1. The Problem is that it cannot find any entry in the dictionaries I've installed anymore. Always gives me "Not Found!" Version 0.7. worked great. It does have the dictionieres selected in the about tab however. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: Can anyone tell me where I can find ver 0.7 so that I can downgrade?
  2. ShanghaiGuy

ShanghaiGuy New Member

Just upgraded and I don't have a problem.
  3. Mr Power

Mr Power New Member

Strange, it's not working.

Could someone please upload the 0.7 version or tell me a repo where I can dl it? Cheers.

Edit: I would take a pm as well....
  4. Aryanenzo

Aryanenzo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have the same problem, none of my dictionaries work anymore
    i know they used to..before 1.1.3
    \and i have the newest version of wedict
  5. dionysus623

dionysus623 New Member

i had the same problem. i just moved the weDict fold in var/root/Library to var/mobile/Library through SSH. it works now. on WinSCP just right click the weDict folder its in var/root/Library and click "move to..." then enter /private/var/mobile/Library/*.* and it should be good
  6. Mr Power

Mr Power New Member

Thank you very much. It didn't work exactly the way you said it though. The dictionaries already has been in /private/var/mobile/Library/*.* but the properties wasn't set to 755 there (after I changed this it worked). However, the dictionaries has been in var/root/Library as well (I only changed the properties there). I just deleted the latter folder.
  7. roei_dacho

roei_dacho Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    mine always crashes
    idk what to do is it bcs of the version??
  8. mavis

mavis New Member

Stupid question, but where are you guys getting version 0.7 or 0.7.1? I've Googled and I've searched the forum, but the only version I can find is 0.6.1, which I've already got installed now. I really want to try a newer version because since upgrading to 1.1.3, the first search in weDict takes FOREVER! Subsequent searches are fast (like they've always been) but the first search takes about 20 seconds or more to complete - I'm hoping a newer version would fix this.

Any help (and/or a PM!) would be appreciated!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. itouchyoutwice

itouchyoutwice New Member

Bro, weTools: app.weiphone.com/installer. Download only the weDict 0.7.1 from here, the stardict addons are more for chinese users as weDict and starDict were made by some chinese dudes, but there are english definitions for the oxford-EC-formated one (which is 7mb!).
  10. itouchyoutwice

itouchyoutwice New Member

it always crashes maybe because you don't have any of the stardict addons to the weDict app. Just think, weDict is like the hardcover part of the dictionary, and stardict addons are the actual pages inside the dictionary with definitions in them.

Took me awhile to figure why mine kept on crashing. I kept opening the app and opening and opening... the best so far is webster. oxford and all the other ones are either old english or just ?weird stuff?