Web link

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by deepp, Apr 21, 2009.

1. deepp

deepp New Member

Hi,i wanna develop an application where i want to write text on screen.In that screen with text web link is also written like www.apple.com,so i want that whenever user clicks on that link that web page should get opened.But i dont know how to achiev that i just want to have an idea as i dont know about API who supports this feature.

Please help me.
  2. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

HREF?

Lol, I dunno.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

What you are asking could mean a bunch of things. Could you ask again, but use concise verbiage?
  4. deepp

deepp New Member

Hi,
    I want to ask a question that i have created a UITextView in that can i add weblink ?So that when user will click on that link it would open thet link.How can i achiev this.Please let me know if its still not clear.

Regds
    Deep
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

So you'd type in a UITextView and then hit Enter, making the text a solid openURL link?

Set the contents of the UITextView to a string and then open the string with openURL.
  6. SkylarEC

spoonfoknife, is that the case? Or is it that she wants to parse through the UITextField to dynamically create and style any links that, when tapped upon, open up a UIWebView to a webpage?

[EDIT: I honestly have no clue what the OP actually wants]

Also, spoonforknife, you need to start opening URLs in your own apps instead of Safari. That kills the user experience.
  7. godogshomie

godogshomie New Member

i think he means in the app store at the bottom of the say :\ top 25 list it has a linked text to the itunes terms and conditions
  8. deepp

deepp New Member

Yeah Skylar is right i want to open a web page when user clicks on that link.But how can i do that can anyone guide me?
    Please help me.
  9. SkylarEC

OMG.

You're still not telling us what you want. Does the user enter only the link text, or do they enter whatever they want, possibly including link. Does the user even enter text, or is I predefined and not editable?

I am done with this thread. Good luck to everyone who wants to help.
  10. deepp

deepp New Member

Thanks Skylar for your GREAT SUPPORT till now.And as i mentioned that in UITextView i have enterd a web link is not it enough to understand that its predefined and i am putting link in UITextView.Anywyas i dont expect any help from anyone,but still people are kind enough to help others...