Web/Game Server-REAL

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by douglas99182, Sep 11, 2009.

1. douglas99182

douglas99182 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok guys i know a lot of people are going to take a look at this and say to get a program thinking that i want to be able to browse my ipod from my pc, WELL I DONT SO SHUT THAT PLEASE. how can i run an ACTUAL server on my ipod touch???? come on i know theres gotta be someone here who can do that. how can i put a server OS on the ipod or use bochs or somethin? tellllllll meeeeeeeeee
  2. FrankZ0509

FrankZ0509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here is the technical core specifications of the iPhone and the iPod according to Jay Freeman, the developer of Cydia and many well-loved iPod hacks, and popularly known as Saurik.

This means that while the iPhone/iPod touch is basically a mobile computer, it isn't powerful enough to act as a server machine. Server processing, if you understand how it works (though you obviously don't), requires heavy processing power -- this means high-speed processor clock and high memory capacity; specs that the i-device simply does not have.

NOW, STOP THE WHINING. The way you posted is irritating, and it's very immature. Your post shows your ignorance over the inner workings of the i-device; backed by your use of multiple question marks and redundant letters on your last two words. With how you posted, every developer out there reading this would be more than eager to let you out of their sight, and would be more than happy to ignore you totally.

You simply can't put a good server on the iPod touch. That's it. No more questions asked. kthx.