Web Designers look here

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by redjoker5, Apr 20, 2008.

1. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

aight heres the thing. i made this website layout in photoshop.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/rED_jOKER_5/freeminddesignlayoutcopy.gif

now the thing is this. i tried slicing and exporting to dreamweaver but i dont know what to do. i donjt know how to put the text in correctly. tables are a pain in the ass and i truly have no idea how to do this maybe its so hard kuz im doing it wrong. ive never used dreamweaver before i just heard that it was one of the best programs to make webpages with and it came with my cs3 package so i said what the hell lets give it a try. turns out i dont know sh*t about web design.

can anyone give me some tips or a way i can translate that graphic into a website that works. i just want someone who knows how to work with photoshop/dreamweaver/fireworks to help me out. any help will be appreciated

of kourse if someone could do it for me we can work out a deal, but if not just help me out lol
  2. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

hmmm well I know how to use them all but I'm not sure what you mean by work something out and if I will have time to do it, does it need to be done now, is it complicated what u want?
  3. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

HOLY FU*K

That is nice.
  4. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

well some web designers charge for their work or they ask for something in exchange. thats what i meant by work something out. and what i want pretty much is to make the buttons at the top so they work, like you go to the respective pages when you click them. also for the content boxes to work kuz i tried using dreamweaver but i dunno how to work with the text in there. all i know is that it aint as easy as in photoshop where you just make a text box and you can drag it whenever u want it to be. in dreamweaver you gotta make tables and all that and i dunno how to do it and its gonna take me some time to learn. but what i really want is if someone could teach me how to do this stuff, so i dont gotta ask people to do it for me and waste both their time and mine

EDIT: thnx manic nimrod

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. iPodTouchEdwards

yeah I see so you want the nav bar to link to the certain pages you want and divs are what should you would need for the text parts, I don't blame you, dreamweaver is absolutly impossible to work properly without any knowledge of webdesign, so I have no idea how your gonna learn, as I found it hard enough and I'm doing it in Alevel, being showed first hand lol
  6. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

i start junior college in september and im studying web and graphic design so im kinda hoping they teach me how to work dreamweaver lol. and it doesnt look THAT complicated i just know nuthing about web design so the stuff in there doesnt make sense but once i start learning html and css hopefully it will make a lot more sense lol.

im currently working on the other pages. even though i heard you could make templates with dreamweaver to make multiple pages easier, but ionno how to do that either lol. i mean i kinda need help with the navigation and the divs. i dont plan on updating the site again until i learn some web design but i need help to get started so if you or someone who knows this kould help me get this off the ground i would really appreciate it
  7. iPodTouchEdwards

Ok so to give you a head start before you go there, if you go on this website:
    www.w3schools.com and do the examples on there so you get used to the code before you move on to XHTML or CSS so all you need to do it is in notepad to start of with then move on into dreamweaver afterwards. When saving to force notepad to save has HTML or CSS completely "the save.html" like that, hope this helped

8. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

yeah i had heard of that site before. imma start reading up on the html and css stuff in there, but i still wanna keep this thread alive so just in case any web designers can help me make this work, just drop me a message or reply to this thread ill check back as often as i can. and thnx for your help, iPodTouchEdwards

9. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I dont know if i have time to do this... between iPortal, Raptor, davteam....
    I really dont know!
    My goal right now is to finish iPortal so that it will be released next week, so i wont do it right now anyway, after that, i'll see....
  10. stickypop

stickypop Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It's all about tables baby!

Slice it up, use Dreamweaver to put it into tables etc. I know it's not a lot of detail but you know it's late and i'm pretty tired.

Btw, as for the design, over-all it looks okay but the brushes you've used have been stretched too much hence why it's blurry, try and stay away from using downloaded brushes if you can help it, especially when it comes to just making Circles.

hope I helped!

Edit: To use tables, create a new one I think 5 x 5 then stretch it out, then you can put tables within tables and just move them around to get how you like it.