web clips icons really annoying me

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by ri0ku, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok so webclips is a pretty useful feature for quickly going to a website you like (I have made one for hotmail since izzymail only lasts 30 days now rendering the mail.app useless to me)

my "beef" with webclips is that the icons are hidous because it simply takes a screenshot at an area on the site your looking at... unless they have a nice icon built to the site.. like for instance apples site uses a nice apple logo or ebay uses a nice clean ebay logo.

But for sites such as hotmail.. theres no icon so it takes a screenshot and it looks horrible. Is there a way to custimise the icons and use something better? I have tried in themebuilder but it apparantly only works for applications and not webclips.

anyone?
  2. jaymzleon

jaymzleon Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    you can change the webclip on a jailbroken iphone/ipod but if its not jailbroken, no luck man.
  3. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah I am on 1.1.4 jailbroke. So how do you change the icons looks for webclips then? I use ThemeBuilder to change my applications icons but it wont work with webclips for some reason
  4. jaymzleon

jaymzleon Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    you go to var/mobile/library/web clips/903-87629-48693-248601
    youll see folders kinda like that, just a bunch of numbers. each of those folders is a webclip you have saved. check the .plist to see what website it is for, and then replace then icon.png with the img you want to use as the icon.
  5. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks allot man! I'l give that a shot cheers for the quick and helpful reply!
  6. jaymzleon

jaymzleon Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    no problem, glad i could help