Weather Channel App on iPod touch 3G problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by _JKK_, Sep 13, 2009.

1. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    So, I just got my iPod touch 3G yesterday. I tried to use the Weather Channel App just now and it crashed after I said no to the Location Detection thing. I tried about 10 times, and it crashes back to the home screen every time. Anyone else having this problem?
  2. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I'll be getting mine tomorrow. I can try installing and testing it.

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

It could be that the app is just having issues with the new 3.1 software. Things like that are common when new firmware is just released.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, I've reinstalled twice now. Its kind of annoying, because this is probably the one app that I usually use. And I know about App problems after software updates, but the Weather Channel App has never really given me any problems (using it since August last year).
  4. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yeah there are some apps that i used that still have issues after weeks, even months. the problem is always on their side (either their coding, or problems between the app and firmware).

nothing to really do but make sure they know about the issue, and wait for them to update the program with a bug fix.

sometimes i'll read the latest reviews for that app, to see if other users are reporting the same prob.