Weather and Clock Widgets together????

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by mombopete, Sep 11, 2008.

1. mombopete

mombopete Member

Does anyone know how to get them both working together. I currently can use each but not at the same time. Any ideas???
  2. edistar

edistar New Member

you probably forgot to put transparent dock, thats the only way the clock will show
  3. mombopete

mombopete Member

The clock shows. The weather doesn't work.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

IIRC, you can only have one HTML element on the SpringBoard at a time - so if you're using a Weather Widget and a Clock Widget which both access WebKit, the first one in the list will trigger but the second won't. So if you have a rotating wallpaper AND the Weather Widget, if the Weather Widget is higher up in the WinterBoard list than the theme, you'll get Weather but no wallpaper. Ditto if you've moved the Weather widget higher in the WinterBoard list than the Clock one.

So in this case, you can't run them both, because SpringBoard won't let you run both in WinterBoard at this time.
  5. mombopete

mombopete Member

Thanks. I thought it was possible because I saw a glass orb theme on MacThemes that had them both running, but I couldn't get it to work.

Check it out at this thread:

http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16788784&p=1

Maybe you can figure it out.
  6. Rocky5

Rocky5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you want the weather and clock widget together then use mine well its not mine its the bluebird clock and the weather widget i just merged them together works a treat.

Here is the skin i use and edited to fit my needs this also comes with the weather and clock widget merged.

Glass Orb + Weather & Clock merged

here is a screen shot of it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. mombopete

mombopete Member

I will give it a try in the morning. Thanks.
  8. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

As long as they're on the same HTML page/object, they're good to go, yes. It's just that you can't run two seperate widgets/objects in SpringBoard.
  9. mombopete

mombopete Member

I live in Boston, MA and all I want is the clock in the middle of the dock and the weather in the status bar working together. No matter what I do the weather and clock will not work simultaneously. I used the above and changed the city to Boston and all that would work was the clock. The weather tried to load and there was a question mark on the springboard.

Help!!!!
  10. Rocky5

Rocky5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if your uses yahoo then you need to put in the area code note the state name if you want to do it correct here is the Boston, MA code USMA0046 well i hope this is your code.