'We sell 400 times more iPhone games than Android'

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by SumDaii, Nov 24, 2009.

1. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

3. 5partanW4rri0r

5partanW4rri0r New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    And that's only one AppStore developer.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Interesting. However, I have this funny feeling that Android's day will come.

That, or webOS.

Especially right now, because Apple isn't innovating in the handheld computer (like the iPhone/iPod touch) space.

And we all know what happens when companies don't innovate... Look at Palm (before webOS), Motorola (before DROID).
  5. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree, their time will come.

Apple been doing the same thing since iphone 2G was released. New models of touch/phone are the same one as the old ones, with a few new features. No "game changers" from the app store.

Verizon and T mobile and all them are swing punches, and eventually, one is going to hit, and take down the iphone market, and take center stage.
  6. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The only thing at the moment that had a chance to take down the AppStore is the Android. I've said this to my friends since the moment that android was mentioned. It's a no brainer. This will take some time though and I have no idea how much. It's all in the math though. There are millions of iPhones sold but as the android makes it's way among all of the carriers it's going to tip the scales in googles favor. Then with the open platform and the sheer number if devices running android the developers will look to develope android apps before they turn to apple. At this moment though, my wife has an android phone and my pod blows it out of the water.
  7. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Looks like the upcoming iPhone-Android battle will mimick that of Palm-WinMobile years ago...

For now, the iPhone is still leading and mainly due to the HUGE variety of software on the App Store... However, the iPhone's features are starting to stagnate (IMO) whereas the Android is an emerging upstart and this is what Apple should be mindful of... It's only a matter of time before the Android builds up a store similar to Apple and become the number one in the market...