We need office applications!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by toomuchcaffeine, Dec 27, 2007.

1. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Windows mobile has 'em.... Palm OS has 'em.... MS Office compatible applications. Sure, mobile OSX hasn't been widely accepted or officialy promoted as a mobile computing platform, the truth is that it is. A jailbroken iPod is the best PDA I ever owned, and it would be almost perfect with a suite of office application for typing papers on the go, etc. Your thoughts?
  2. imadhdpositive

imadhdpositive New Member

well for startes you can download the Notes application that comes with all iPhones (WHY DONT WE HAVE THAT???) You can download it in the installer...anybody remember the source for it?

But excel might be cool, and a ppt viewer sure would be handy.
  3. airguitar901

airguitar901 New Member

repo.us.to

It would be pretty cool I guess, but wouldn't you have print them or email them or something?? I dunno how that would work, but definitely wouldn't hurt. Maybe when the editor kit is released will start seeing some stuff like this.
  4. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, notes is great for a notepad, but it's not anywhere near all of the formating options and stuff a mobile word processor would require.
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm hoping someone will port Bean - http://www.bean-osx.com/Bean.html - it's open source, already designed for OS X and the source is available... Knock on wood...
  6. FlashiPod4Free

FlashiPod4Free New Member

I would suggest Google Documents, but as of now it only allows you to view documents you have uploaded to Google. You can't really edit any of them. You CAN view Google powerpoints though, that's why I would use Google Documents.
  7. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Cant seem to find notes app. added the repo.us.to source, but cant find notes in installer. Anyone have suggestions?
  8. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  9. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thanks Stephen. Didnt realize this was under iphone apps. Searched the site using note app, note pad and several other variations without success. was using wrong search words.

Please Register or Log in to view images