we may see firefox soon!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by berky93, Oct 7, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

EDIT(again) I just want to point out the purpose of this thread is to show that Mozilla is opening up to the mobile platform. where that leads relative to us I don't know

http://www.unwiredview.com/2008/10/...-firefox-mobile-alphas-coming-in-a-few-weeks/

the above article is about Mozilla's CEO releasing details that alpha versions of mobile firefox will be released soon. There is no iphone application mentioned. however, if Mozilla is opening its doors to mobile applications, theres a chance they will develop an iphone application, or because of firefox's open-ness, someone could use code from the mobile version to develop an iphone application. (think: if someone wants to make an application for the mobile phone platform, it would be smart to include one of the most popular mobile platforms)

PLEASE REMEMBER, I'M JUST SPECULATING BASED OFF OF THE RELEASE OF AN APPLICATION FOR A DIFFERENT MOBILE PLATFORM, THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES!

EDIT: I have just noticed that in the article there is a link to another article detailing things that will most likely hinder the development of an iphone application. however, you never know (it ca nbe done, as long as mozilla decides to pay a bit...)
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    didnt they specifically say they WERE NOT going to make Firefox for the iphone/ipod?
  3. FleXx

FleXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    even if they did....Apple would probably reject it as it functions similar or exactly to Mobile Safari
  4. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i dont see it happening. i think that apple will hold safari. also if they allow it flash and other plug- ins couold easily sneak through. and we all know that apple doesn't want it's ihone/ touch users to watch flash vids ooooooooooooooooo the horror
  5. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

That would be awesome, although Apple probably wouldn't allow it, but Safari is still good.
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

note the edit... adobe also had problems when they first tried to get apple to allow them to port flash over, but now theyre beginning to talk to apple about financial deals. (dont get hopeful, it will be a while if anything)
  7. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    wont come to Apple.
    They'll try the GPhones and other mobile platforms.
  8. berky93

berky93 New Member

my guess that is if they do ever come to apple, it wont be two things:

they wont come for a long time

and they wont come themselves. instead someone else will use the source code to help them build their own version of the app. then later mozilla will realize that the person was successful (if they succeed) or try to get rid of them because of copyright. then later develop their own app.

lol
  9. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    where do you come up with stuff like that....
  10. beebop

beebop New Member

yep, i've read that too somewhere