We Have to Make a Decision......

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Razorback, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Razorback

Razorback Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Guys, we are always waiting for the new jailbreak methods and Apple is always updating the firmware........

Deleting all the apps and waiting them to be ported for the new firmware is really pain in the ass...

So dont we have to make a decision for the time from this momnet??

We can jailbreak the 2.1 and wait for 6 months or more without upgrading the any firmware that would be out in this period...

Am i right or wrong?
  2. MacDevil

MacDevil Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Umm...what?

The only times apps have had to be ported in any serious manner (i.e. beyond small bug fixes) is when Apple has completely changed some part of the firmware. This happened with the transition from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and from 1.1.4-2.0. In both of these cases, Apple introduced major changes to the file storage system on the iPod/iPhone. However, in general this is not the case for updates, which are usually just bug fixes. No apps had to be ported in the switch from 2.0.2-2.1 for example. Some apps were buggy after the upgrade, but these bugs were corrected within the span of about a day. If that's too long for you to wait, then you probably should not be jailbreaking your device.

As far as the jailbreaking time goes, 2.0 was jailbroken within a week or two of its release. Every subsequent update has been jailbroken within 3-4 days. Again, if this is too long for you to wait, then don't jailbreak or stay on the old firmware until the new jailbreak is ready. But there is certainly no reason why we should all agree to not update our firmware for six months.
  3. Razorback

Razorback Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you are right i think.... But if they release a new firmware soon, i will really be pissed of...
  4. River

River New Member

Well then you better get some diapers ready, cause you'll be pissin for days.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4

totally agreed... noob with 15 posts dosnt know what the hell hes on about.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. gamekaiser

gamekaiser Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm sorry but this is the dumbest post ive ever seen. leave this site and never come back noob.
  7. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

He has a point. Just dump the iPod Touch and get a BlackBerry.
  8. blunden

blunden Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't even understand what he is talking about. What would we gain by not updating?!

The whole point of jailbreaking is to allow us much better control of the device, let us play around and hack the crap out of it. If people take this opportunity to make some really great and useful must-have apps, so much the better. The author of the thread probably doesn't understand this craving to mod or optimize devices that some of us have.

He could also just be a troll.

9. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah you're real funny......
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Can you touch the Blackberry's screen? No.

I won't engage in any further puting-downs of the Blackberry. It fails. I'd rather have an iPod Touch.