We got ripped

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by serjen, Sep 10, 2008.

1. serjen

serjen New Member

any one in the uk who bought a 1st gen ipod touch got ripped off, majorly. (see attachment)

Do you think i could sell my iPod touch 1st gen on eBay or something for about £140-£150?

Attached Files:

2. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Yup...Kinda Sucks.. we have to pay around £40 more than the converted price..

Please Register or Log in to view images

and i was planning on selling mine.. but its scratched to hell .. and plus its got engravings

so im not gonna bother... just for a crappy speaker and a nicer design

3. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. serjen

serjen New Member

well to be fair, the ipod touch 2ND gen is only out on the apple site in the uk, its not out in argos till the new catalogue comes at about november mabye? woolworths, game, and gamestation will have them ASAP though
  5. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Its not really ripped, you should be aware of this when you buy something off anyone but especially Apple. Technology moves on so quickly its always going to get half the price, double the memory or half the size [Moore's law]
  6. serjen

serjen New Member

eh, ill get my dad to get me a 16GB ipod touch from the apple website, there cheaper on there, i just checked gamestation prices in the UK and theyre still £200 for an 8GB ipod touch
  7. Siforest65

Siforest65 New Member

tbh I'm not that bothered. I bought a product a year ago and for minimal firmware costs am getting nearly the same product that is on the shelf today.Yes the price is less, but then again look at people who bought a nano a year ago, their product has been totally superceded.
  8. JapesSaysDan

JapesSaysDan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think people would rather pay £20-30 more for a brand new one with speaker, and better battery life.

You need to take at least £50 off the Retail price of the new touch before anyone will even consider buying your previous gen, second hand one.
  9. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

That is the old one. Yes it does say version 2 after the name, but no, they are the old ones.
  10. poopstain

poopstain New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't care. I'm keeping my touch for at least another year or two.. or until the battery gives out. Right now my battery doesn't last too long anyway..