we are All, a bunch of fools!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by bladednuisance, Feb 26, 2008.

1. bladednuisance

bladednuisance New Member

call me paranoid but,

I think 1.1.4 was a test... they added fixes and made a few further moves to stop jailbreak, while leaving other (bigger, and more obvious) problems unaddressed. I think they did this to see: how quickly the firmware would be jailbroken, how observant & thorough the "hackers" are (by seeing how long it takes for a new method to surface, initial quality, and how long until it becomes fully functional, whether they first tried to run old methods, what fixes they were aware of etc.). I think they wanted to learn how we plan to work our way into the system again, and figure out ways to block any possible way in,find security holes in the SDK itself, and just generally "predict" how the whole situation unfolds. They are just going to observe for awhile, then do an all out lockdown.

the release of SDK is the determining factor of the iDevice's success. Either way it goes, Super JB Happy time, or Mega Radical SDK Hour, or maybe a nice even mix, is fine by me, but for apple... the SDK release is a life, or death decision. Expect them to either do everything within theyre power to stop unapproved 1st party apps, or throw in the towel!

?!?And here we are sharing all our info!?!
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    This cat and mouse game has been going on for decades. They make the goods and people hack them. It's a continuous cycle that will go on forever.
  3. BlingPod

BlingPod New Member

I believe that as long as there are new products being produced, people will always find a way to "hack" them, or at least customize them with non-licensed products/acessories.

just my $.02
  4. jango271

jango271 Banned

It's true. We are going to see this happen with every hackable device apple releases. Basically, at this point Apple knows we are going to find some way to hack it; they are just making sure that we are the ones who need to play catch-up, not them.
  5. ipod touch fan

ipod touch fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    unless sdk is free and awesome. But i will still jb.
  6. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the SDK release is a life, or death decision

LMAO
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If it doesn't work what am I going to do with all my Macs, Apple TV, iPods! Apple will be gone, never to return! Ahhhhhhhh!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. arma47

arma47 New Member

I think most advanced people will stay with their jb'ed iPods, even if they release EVERYTHING for free.
  9. Branbrans

Branbrans New Member

^^^ are u serious wow
  10. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There's no way to fix the ZiPhone method, bootloaders aren't upgraded via software.
    Ignorance is bliss though!