Wayyy Confused - can someone clear up for me

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by caldjmatt, Jan 28, 2008.

1. caldjmatt

caldjmatt New Member

Ok - SO I have an 8 gb ipot - its my wifes, and she would like it jailbroken like mine is... I jb`d mine b/4 the 1.1.3.... .ok so it is running 1.1.2 - so I have the 1.1.1 Firmware, and the 1.1.2 Firmware, and the 1.1.2 jailbreak - Also have Itunes 7.5..... So can I jailbreak it like I did with mine? except the difference is... I will need to Shift-Click to upgrade to the 1.1.1 right? Sorry if this is confusing..... But i guess my basic question is - if you havent upgraded anything... can you still JB like b/4 the 1.1.3? Any and all help would be great - LThis is for my wife , and if I screw it up - she`ll kill me....... Thanks! Sorry if this totally nooby, but still learning....
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I recomend using this guide to downgrade to 1.1.1. then you can jailbreak it with website in safari. I recomend just using 1.1.1. but if you may want a different firmware...
  3. caldjmatt

caldjmatt New Member

That is an EXCELLENT guide - Thank you
    You think I should just leave it at 1.1.1 ? instead of upgrading to 1.1.2?
  4. mjhamilton

mjhamilton New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    most of the JB's are recommending going from 1.1.2 --> 1.1.3... there are apparantly less issues and problems if you do it this way.. also by going from 1.1.1 there is a risk that the sdk apps wont register properly and any items purchased thru iTunes wont work
  5. caldjmatt

caldjmatt New Member

ok - soooooooo now i`m even more confused.... So your saying JB down to 1.1.1 - then 1.12. then 1.1.3? But dont you have to have aJB`d ipot before you can JB 1.1.3? Is there a " guide " that`s in a noobs point of view for 1.1.3 or ?
    Sorry!!!
  6. QuAdS

QuAdS New Member

my suggestion

me along with a lot of other people have been experiencing problems with jailbreaking 1.1.2. like you did for yours. i suggest staying in 1.1.1 for now and jailbreak it by visting jailbreakme.com on your 1.1.1 ipod touch. I dont think you will be needing the 1.1.2 jailbreak features anyways because they are a bit more technical and if all you want is games and stuff then stay in 1.1.1
    dont worry about messing it up because you can always start all over by restoring it in iTunes.
    but yea, i suggest downgrading to 1.1.1 and jailbreaking for now.
  7. caldjmatt

caldjmatt New Member

ok i`ll give it a shot - I just wasnt sure if it was ok to leave in 1.1.1 or what.... ok i`ll do that - she basically wants the games, and wants to be able to read ebooks on it...... so thank you - if you can think af any other points, etc... please let me know!
    Thanks everyone....
  8. QuAdS

QuAdS New Member

yea thats what i figured. definatly leave in 1.1.1 then because you will be able to have eBooks and Games.

After your done I suggest looking at this thread

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8180

for more sources.
    then from there you will be able to download more eBooks and more Games.

hope i helped!
  9. caldjmatt

caldjmatt New Member

Thanks merchnt17 - Much appreciated!!! I`ll peep it out! Theres just so much info out there - you kinda need to figure out what is what you heled Immensly!!!
  10. QuAdS

QuAdS New Member

no problem!
    PM if you need anything and happy jailbreaking!

Please Register or Log in to view images