Ways to save battery?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by nubby, Jul 29, 2008.

1. nubby

nubby New Member

Ways to save battery? UPDATED

Well I believe this was the appropriate section seeing as I have a 2.0 jailbroken iPod and the battery doesn't last long at all. And I was wondering is there anything while I am jailbroken to save the battery? The brightness was at stock, so about half way. I now changed it all the way to the left and turned auto brightness off. For my mail it fetches hourly and push is turned off. Under advanced settings it has my gmail account and it is set to fetch.

What else can I do? My iPod is ALWAYS plugged in via USB to my computer unless I need it away from my computer and when it is not plugged in the battery just drains fast. Is this because I have SSH installed?

Update- I just called Apple. The representative said it was not a problem to have your iPod plugged in through USB constantly. Once the battery gets a full charge the battery shuts off and it is running off of the USB. This also have NOTHING to do with the 400 cycles.
  2. overkill305

overkill305 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Turn off wifi
  3. loves2doit

loves2doit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    make sure that wifi is not turned on when your not using it ....
    but assuming that your ipod is fetching mail hourly .... wifi is always on so if its the case your ipod will drain its battery really fast
  4. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    turn brightness all the way down
    turn wi-fi off

that's all I know
  5. nubby

nubby New Member

Ah, I didn't even think about turning off wifi. Maybe because I always have AIM open in the background. But I will try that now. Thanks, any other ideas too?
  6. redsteel

redsteel Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the problem might be that you constantly have it plugged in to the computer. The constant charging state of the could have put a toll on the battery and now it just won't hold a charge no matter what you try to keep off. My GUESS would be that you would need a new battery but I cold be wrong.
  7. AMH9

AMH9 New Member

no, because Ipods stop charging ionce the battery is full.
  8. nubby

nubby New Member

I'd assume the touch battery is new enough that it automatically stops charging when it is full. Anyone else have input on this?
  9. zman93

zman93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I agree with redsteel.
    my ipod gets used 80% during day and i charge overnight. works fine for me.
  10. redsteel

redsteel Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yeah but just because it stop charging doesn't mean there isn't something happening, it's still connected right? My sisters laptop is the same way it's always plugged in and once you disconnect it the battery drains in about an hour after being fully charged just surfing the internet. @ op exactly how old is your iPod?