Ways to save battery power.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slovig, Nov 18, 2007.

1. slovig

slovig New Member

Hey. What are some ways to save battery power when you put your ipod touch to sleep? I know you can turn off wifi, but what else?
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Putting it in deep sleep?
  3. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you're just listening to music during the daytime and you're someone like me who turns the thing on and off to switch songs, you can turn the brightness all the way down and it makes an insane difference.
  4. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Turning ssh and dim wallpaper(summerboard) off will also help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

edit: I see you just jailbroke your Touch today. If you didn't already know, you need "services" from installer to turn off ssh.
  5. slovig

slovig New Member

Yea, that's for any iPod. I mean like is there anything else, like wifi, that you can turn of. Like does installer have something running, or ssh?
  6. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    make sure ssh is off that just eats away at your battery

you wont get more than 3-4 hours with ssh on with music playing and also turn wifi off so its not constantly searching whilst your moving
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Turn Wi-Fi and SSH off, brightness on your screen down, and dim wallpaper (SMB Prefs) are what i do, works great.
  8. kevio

kevio New Member

Instead of using Google as your search page you can use Blackle.com. Probably won't make a heap of difference but it will help a little. Also as someone suggested, download "Services" and turn off Wifi and SSH if you aren't using them, dim the screen, etc. Also, open an application and then hold the home button down until the application closes (about 5-7 seconds). This will kill any open applications. Which could result in some battery savings.
  9. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

just so yall know useing a dim wallpaper uses the same amount of power as not useing one, it takes the same amout of power to backlight a black screen as it does a white one....... Turning down brightness in settings will make a difference, but color has NO conection to battery life...
  10. slovig

slovig New Member

Why do I need services to turn off ssh, when you open ssh, it gives an option to turn on/off. same with wifi. But I trust you guys anyway.