ways ipod touch could get bricked/ warranty voided

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tktouch12, Apr 10, 2009.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i know 'you cant brick a ipod touch' but i have two questions:
    1) could messing up the bdev commands 'brick' the ipod touch, some people on a thread made it sound pretty serious
    2) i have heard of people's home button not workings so,.. what if you are jailbroken and your home button physically doesnt work? so you couldnt restore could u? cuz u couldnt put into dfu, if it physically didnt work? so you couldn't take it into apple?
    im really curious about that second thing (or other PHYSICAL things while it it jailbroken)
    thanks, btw- there may be several threads about how to ""brick"" an ipod touch, but im really wondering about the physical breaking then not being able to restore to regular firmware
    thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    thoughts anyone?
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1) Nothing you do with software can brick an iPod touch. DFU mode is stored in ROM, which is Read-Only Memory. You cannot get rid of DFU mode; ergo, you will always be able to restore. People have tried to partition their iPods, screwed that up, and still managed to restore.

2) You can restore without going into DFU, so the home button isn't a necessity.
  3. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I wouldn't worry about your home button breaking. If that happens, then your iPod must have suffered some serious abuse.
  4. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    o ya good point