Way to get 1.1.3 apps/features without paying?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by hexoDAT64, Jan 15, 2008.

1. hexoDAT64

hexoDAT64 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm just wondering, but when the iPod Touches with the applications are released, couldn't we just get the link to the restore firmware and update with that? All the new applications will be embedded in the new firmware, so won't it just be a matter of updated with that firmware? Just wondering...
  2. ./^\.ACE./^\.

./^\.ACE./^\. Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think Apple sells the apps as a seperate file to the update and can't be reused on another iPod...
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

So the firmware is free and the apps are $20?
  4. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

ehhgg i want to try but dont want to upgrade
  5. hexoDAT64

hexoDAT64 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But all the new iPod Touches will come with this all preloaded. You wont have to download it separately. Shouldn' there be a restore file just for the new ones with the apps in it?
  6. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Maybe it's like a song on Itunes.

If you buy a song on itunes and have it on your computer and then one day your computer explodes and you lose the song can't you just re-download it?

When you register the new ipod it might make note that you have the apps just like it would had you purchased them.

I, for one am just going to sit back, relax, and enjoy my jailbroken 1.1.2. I can live with going into customize to rearrange my apps and not knowing my exact location on google maps until someone inevitably jailbreaks 1.1.3

I'm patient

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. hexoDAT64

hexoDAT64 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I see where you are coming from. I was thinking more like this.

I have a Jailbroken iPod Touch 1.1.1. Some other person just bought a brand new iPod Touch with all of the new applications.

When I go to restore/update. I will get the plain old firmware from the apple server with none of the new applications. But the other person surly not get the same firmware, and then be told to download the other package free because it was included. They would get the firmware with the applications packaged inside of it. My question was would it it be possible to get the restore firmware with the appliactions packaged in for my iPod and then use that to aquire the applications. Just an idea
  8. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

whoever bought the apps, ssh into ur ipod, and take the apps and send pm's out
    its pretty easy
    except i dont have an itunes account or a method of payment
  9. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I could see them getting the same one and then being told to re=download the apps for free.

*shrug* dunne, I would bet they are the same firmware though, just one has apps an one doesn't.

Edit: If anyone could do what manram said, that would be super...hehe although they might need 1.1.3 to work.
  10. hexoDAT64

hexoDAT64 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can't use SSH unless your iPod is jailbroken right? Because then you couldn't get the new apps. I guess there could be away of getting them from the itunes download