Water on iPod Touch 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zarome, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Zarome

Zarome New Member

Hi I broke my iPod today and now I'm in trouble because I can't live without it and buying a new one isn't an option. So here's what happened. I was in sauna with it (yeah do not ask

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and got some water on it. Then I tried to rub it dry but the screen went berserk! Colours went from pink to gray and pink again and finally all white. Later that night I tried to turn it up and it started with the white screen. Tried everything to reboot but my power key is just STUCK and I couldn't reboot it and then I guess the battery died because it doesn't respond when I connect it to my PC.

Then I broke the glass as I opened the iPod up.. So is it possible to fix it with spare parts? I guess new glass (OFC) and battery but is the LCD also required?
  2. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You should have put it in a bag of rice, to absorb the moisture. yeah, you need to get a new screen, but it wont be easy at all to replace. You most likely bricked your ipod seeing that it has a white screen and none of the buttons are responding.
  3. Zarome

Zarome New Member

Well it did response home button. Screen turned on (white) and then it turned off.
  4. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You probably fried the internals of it so its probably not going to work without a complete (expensive) overhaul. I had an ipod that had water damage, but only the touch screen was unresponsive. I replaced the glass, but all I realized was that the problem was deeper in the hardware.

Next time, let it dry in a bag of rice for several days to a week before you turn it on.

Last, sauna+ipod= bad idea. The steam is probably just as bad or worse as water is because it can get on the inside where it will never dry out.