water damage?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thatdude430, Feb 15, 2008.

1. thatdude430

thatdude430 New Member

So I was applying the Best Skins Ever cover for my iPod touch (kinda like the Invisible Shield), I dipped the "skin" into some water and applied it like usual... however when I was done, I noticed I only had "control" of the touch sensitivity on the top half of the screen? And if I look closely on the bottom half, there's a small "wet" spot (it goes away when I turn off the iPod and comes back when I turn it back on); is this um... permanent damage? =(
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    While it is usual for small areas of moisture to be trapped under the shield (it will evaporate fairly quickly), it is not usual for the bottom half of the screen to stop working.

If it doesn't start working again in a day, I'd try to return it for a new one, there shouldn't have been enough water for it to change the detector.
  3. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Okay. Now, I'm kinda scared to touch my iPod cause my hands gets really sweety. Seriously. XD
  4. prodigee

prodigee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sweat should have nothing to do with it unless u sweat like a gallon onto it just do what Dan said and you should be fine a small drop like that most likely wont set off the strip unless its right on it. And dont tell them about the water droplet just say that the bottom half of the screen wont respond. They should replace it. Oh wow i might get banned for telling u that oh well