Water damage

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ben2, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Ben2

Ben2 New Member

Hey, I'm new here. Uh, quick question. When I was working out today, I got a drink at the water fountain. I was listening to my iPod touch, and it was on, and a small amount of water got onto the bottom part of the screen, like right above the home button. I freaked out and quickly dried it off with my shirt, and I turned it off immediately. Before that, i turned down the volume, and the screen wasn't sensing my finger as well as it normally does. Now I'm really concerned that I just broke my iPod, do you think that it'll be ok?
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well does it work? And how much water did you spill on it?
  3. Ben2

Ben2 New Member

it works, it was like, a really small amount, uh, how can i measure it, maybe like a thimble full? (haha) Well, i'm actually just assuming that it works, cause I haven't turned it on. I remember reading in the little manual, that if it gets wet, that you should turn it off and let the water dry or whatever, but I'm still freaked out about it, so I'm gonna let it dry out?
  4. music4life

music4life Active Member

Hey! Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry you got your iPod wet. But its highly doubtful its broken. Just give it a nice charge all night and then when you wake up i'm sure that it'll be fine.
  5. Ben2

Ben2 New Member

Ok, I'm charging it right now. I really do hope it's ok, it'll probably break, with my luck with iPods. I've gone through 5 of them, 3 mini's and 2 videos, pretty annoying. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  6. music4life

music4life Active Member

As will I *crosses fingers*
  7. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

well, mine slipped out of my pocket into a wet parking lot while it was raining, and was covered with water. it works fine and only has a small dent and a few scratches by the antenna. if i get a case, i will never notice it.
  8. kevio

kevio New Member

Charging a potentially wet electronic device is probably the worst thing you can do. It sounds like it's too late now though. Next time, just let it sit and dry out. Ideally you would open it up to let it dry. But since it's not real easy to crack open. I would just give it a few shakes to get any excess off and then let it sit for a day or two indoors. The A/C or heater will help to remove the moisture.
    I knew someone who had a flood in their house. Their prized synthesizer was under water. They cracked open the case and let it dry out for a few days. After that it worked just like before.
  9. FlyinHawaiian

FlyinHawaiian New Member

?

Did you buy a coverage plan so if you break it you get a new one for free ?
  10. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

lol i wet mine the other day and it does the same thing

Please Register or Log in to view images