Water Damage?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nfuriate, Nov 19, 2008.

1. nfuriate

nfuriate New Member

Hello everyone,

I received my iPod touch 2nd generation today to much excitement. However it seems to be already playing up.

It seems the water indicator in the headphone slot is a red (its like a block red, not spherical). I wouldn't be too bothered but my home button is acting strange. It's not that it doesnt work, it's that it only works when you push the bottom of the home button and not the top of it.

This is really annoying as you can expect, especially as i've only received it today. I think I know the cause however. The only liquid that has came in contact with the iPod is the InvisibleShield's ShieldSpray that I have placed on it. I do not even like the product as it was a big faff to get on, and to think it might have ruining my iPod just makes matters worse.

Any advice on what I should do?

Cheers,

nFuriate
  2. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Jeez thats bad luck.

If it's water damage you're screwed

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I always thought that the water indicator turned green, hm.
  4. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    look up how to make that indicator not red (like with alcohol or someting) then send it back to apple saying its a faulty home button. if you tell them that its red they wont help you.
  5. nfuriate

nfuriate New Member

It seems to be working alright for the moment. I just hope it holds up. Gotta pray it doesn't screw up within a year otherwise i'll have to resort to the google methods of changing that red mark.