Water Damage, Water Sensor Unchanged?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ConspiriaticBoy, Dec 23, 2009.

1. ConspiriaticBoy

ConspiriaticBoy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey, so I was on vacation and had my new iPod Touch 3rd Gen. 32Gb in my pocket. With the headphones in, and the ipod on hold.
    I went for a 20 minute swim in the ocean until I relized what I did and took it out instantly...However. The Water Sensor is still White, not a spec of red/pink on the thing But, the screen is quite questionable when it comes to water damage. I have let it sit in a bag of rice for almost a week, and it has airdryed in sunny Mexico for almost a week as well.

If the screen wasn't questionably damaged I wouldn't have a problem. I have the extended apple warranty package.
    It appears that the screen has (what looks like) sand or rice bits to the bottom right. (Sorry I have no pictures).

I read somewhere that as long as the water sensor hasn't changed, the warranty is still active. So I've ordered an apple package to ship it back, claiming that it crashed on sync.

Is there ANY WAY to take this ipod apart? There is no seam to open so i can get in there and clean the screen as sneakily as possible.

If there isn't anyway to open the screen, is there a chance they will replace? Since the water sensor never went off? (Or because it's 2 days from Christmas and I don't want to spend another $350 on a new one)

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You should just try sending it in, and if they send it back without fixing oh well.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, it won't hurt to try.
  4. ConspiriaticBoy

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is there anyway to open the ipod though? So I can at least get the sand-like stuff out of the screen. Because tbh, you'd have to be pretty dumb to not realize it's been water damaged.
    I would have already given up, but the sensor never triggered...
  5. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yesss! I've gotten about 20 free games, and alot of them being good games ( TTR3, SEED, MiniSquadron) for free! Now if they make the KoRn pack free, I'll be happy.

Crap rofl! I thought I was on the Tap Tap Revenge 3 FREE, thread! Sorry 'bout that!
  6. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Off topic much?

Also, just send it in. Who knows, maybe an idiot would work on it... but wouldn't that defeat the purpose?
  7. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol how did you get in the wrong thread?
  8. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I went to this one, frogot that I was in it. I had been to the TTR3 thread right before this, got up and did somthing, and sat back down. I completly frogot I was in this thread.
  9. ConspiriaticBoy

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks guys, I was 10 seconds from throwing my iPod out and buying a new one. I sent it in.
    Just got an email now, claiming that a replacement product has been shipped

I guess if the sensor never triggers, It's under warranty