water damage leads to frozen pixels

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arieh, Jun 28, 2008.

1. arieh

arieh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A few day ago I got a little bit of water on my iPods screen. I cleaned it up and i thought it didn't do any damage to my ipod. Then later on in the day I notice a cluster of frozen pixels in the middle of my screen.3 green pixels 2 red and one blue. Coincidence??
  2. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i've been spraying water on my screen every day since i got it and i dun have any dead parts o_o so yeah either a coincidence or my screen has super powers

edit: well i can't be sure it's water i've been spraying on it, i just use my glasses cleaner on it since i never wear them
  3. d00m42

d00m42 Member

I agree though, and I don't think my screen AND his have super powers, so it is probably a coincidence. Have you ever dropped your ipod or had something hit it while it was in your pocket? Do you have some kind of protective case?

Glasses cleaner is most likely a water based soapy type substance, close enough to water anyways... (but don't drink it lol)
  4. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

i know someone who dropped theirs in a creek and its "fine." im mad at her. she couldve hurt the poor thing. ipod touchs arent meant to be treated that way
  5. arieh

arieh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes all I have dropped it quite a few times and when I got it wet this time I kinda forgot about it and it stayed in my pocket for a while. I have cleaned it many times with a cleaner and this never happend before. I don't have a case for it. Also there is a blueish hue around the cluster of frozen pixels. At first I could only see one but the next day I see 5 and it stayed that way ever since (it happend last sunday.) I'm just wondering if the blueish hue will be evidence for water dammage.
  6. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Restore and send back to apple.
  7. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Restore, and then what you have to do is wipe out the inside of the headphone jack, which alcohol and a cu tip, so they don't know there is water damage.
  8. arieh

arieh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPod is passed 6 monthes, if I bring it into the store will they charge me the $40 for shipping and handleing.
  9. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    as fat as I know you have a 1 year guarantee... So no extra money involved...