Water Damage / Argos Warranty

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by beckmo, Jun 16, 2010.

1. beckmo

beckmo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I've had my iPod Touch (2nd Gen) for nearly 6 months now, and on Sunday, I went to the Download Festival. I decided to keep it in my rugsack instead of leaving it in the car simply because I didn't want it to get stolen.
    Then, it rained.
    My iPod was inside my bag, and got wet through my bag. But I didn't notice that my iPod was damaged until I got in the car, which was about 5 or 6 hours later. The screen had all watermarks inside, and when I was listening to it to see if it worked okay, the volume kept automatically gradually turning off.
    When I got home, I put it in a bag of rice and in my airing cupboard for 2 days. The volumes fixed, I think. But the screen is still covered in water marks and the battery has drained. Everything else works fine, but the screen is really distracting, so I'm hoping I can get it fixed.
    I know that Apple doesn't cover water damage, but the water sensor didn't trigger because my headphones were inside at the time it was damaged, so I'm thinking, maybe I have a chance?
    I also have a warranty with Argos for a year, so I'm hoping to take a chance with that too for a repair or maybe a replacement one?

Any advice on this please?
    Beckmo
  2. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    they can still tell if it has water damage.
  3. beckmo

beckmo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm, I thought they decided on it by the water sensor?
    If I did send it in though, I'd have to clean the screen. Does anyone know a way I can open and clean the screen without damaging the iPod? To make it less noticeable?
    I read on here that someone else had a similar problem and managed to get it replaced.
  4. seanz25

seanz25 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think theres a screw somewhere on it to open it up
  5. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    There is litmus paper in the headphone jack and I believe in the docking port somewhere, you can um reverse the signs of water damage but I don't think were allowed to discuss that here. The litmus paper turns pink when water gets on it btw.
  6. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope, you can't discuss that here...it's pretty much fraud, although i have heard of quite a few people doing it and getting away with it.

No warrenty will cover water damage, but your home insurance might help you out?

On a related note, how awesome was DOwnload this year? Was worth it just for the Cancer Bat's set, never mind RATM and STP. Aerosmith suck though

Please Register or Log in to view images