Preview Watchmen Theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Angelman, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Angelman

Angelman New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey everybody,
    This is my second post (I think?) here and I'd appreciate any help/criticism.

Anyway, I'm trying my hand at a Watchen (Based off of the Graphic Novel/Movie) theme. If I can work all the tweaks out of this, I could somehow share it with everybody.

Here's what I've got so far:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I would like to change all the remaining white images to black ones, but I can't find their sources (I SSH into Winterboard) Could anybody give me some pointers?

Thanks.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry, I don't know where it is, but I'd just like to say that it looks awesome!
  3. Angelman

Angelman New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thank you Meikura.
    I just watched the movie and have read the Graphic Novel, and i'd like to be able to do it as much justice as possible (I am quite the perfectionist).
  4. Nepptune77

Nepptune77 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Looks good. There aren't that many Watchmen themes out there, but this is probably the best I've seen.

I always thought it would be cool if someone made a theme where the Springboard looked like a page taken out of a comic book or graphic novel, so the icons appeared as panels of the book. Probably not very feasible.

Anyway, keep up the good work. The badges look great too.
  5. Angelman

Angelman New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That actually seems quite plausible, provided there would be a way to get only 3 icons per row.

The only downside to this theme so far, is that depending on the location of the icon, it has to be manually edited if it is to be seen properly (Ex. the BossPrefs icon) I've included the template I used for the icons as a psd file, so that anybody who did eventually download it could do it themselves.
  6. hawaii94

hawaii94 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice theme, how many icons are you planning?
  7. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so do the apps have to be in certain places or does it automatically make yellow black and vice versa?
  8. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It looks like a pretty static theme. If you release the .psd, that'd be awesome!

Yeah. If you moved them around, it'd look out of place.
  9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This looks cool, I haven't actually gone out to see the movie yet, and therefore my suggestions might be wrong. First of all I do like what you have, although instead of using only yellow and black colors for font, you should inverse the red so that it's blue in front of the red. Second of all, I suggest you make this a Categories theme, and each Category is themed around one character from the movie (sorry I don't know who or how many there are, I really need to go see it) or you could make each page (using a very large icon in the top left corner) for each character.
  10. Duykur

Duykur Banned

it needs icons