Watching videos on the ceiling with pocket projector - Badass!!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by monkeybear, Feb 2, 2009.

1. monkeybear

monkeybear New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Last night I watched a couple of shows on my ceiling with my new pocket projector... finally no more straining my neck to see my TV!

Played the shows off my Ipod hooked up to the projector. In the dark the image is very clear definitely watchable. In daylight, the image is not so good at 40-50" sizes, but hey what do you expect for something that is the size of an Ipod right?

I think the only downside is the speaker is kind of soft and the fan is kind of loud so I had to turn it all the way up to be able to hear everything. That and I had to put the projector in a cup because the video out is kind of gay and in the back of the projector.

I considered buying the Optoma unit, but I got this unit at a homie-hookup price of $225. It has higher resolution, on board memory, and takes SD card. The Optoma unit has nothing and is like $400 which is pretty ass-rape for a pocket projector with nothing on it. Anyways, check out my pics...

Attached Files:

2. OCP

OCP Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    might be nice if you told us what projector you were using?
  3. monkeybear

monkeybear New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    My bad bro,

It's an Aaxatech projector

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Where can you buy it?
  5. DJIA305

DJIA305 New Member

Wow, looks nowhere nearly as good as the Optoma. BTW that thing is not a pocket projector, which is why it says right on it MICRO projector. The Optoma PICO projector is in fact a pocket projector, since it fits in your shirt pocket. Plus, the Optoma is considered to be the standard right now, especially since it's the first of its kind in the sense that although it's the 1st to come out, it doesn't seem like 1st gen technology at all. Plus, the Optoma has a built-in (crappy) speaker, and is almost exactly the size of an Iphone. And it looks really good.

Taken from the Aaxatech website, which took me like 3 minutes to find:

Single Chip White LED
    Life 30,000hrs

Nice life span for the bulb, but I'm sorry this doesn't compare to the Optoma's DLP chip.
    I wouldn't compare this projector to the Optoma. Heck, for $40 more you could have bought the 3M pocket projector from Amazon. I personally would/will go for the Optoma (with its attractive DLP technology), unless if I gather enough patience to wait for the Microvision that uses laser technology (no focusing).

But hey.... as long as YOU like it. And BTW the actual price on the website for it is $259, not that much of a hook-up on the price there.
  6. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

dude the optoma is $400 compared to $259! I would defnitiely get the $259 one
  7. DJIA305

DJIA305 New Member

Heck no I wouldn't I would save up. Google Microvision laser pocket projector. That one will make you want to wait and shell out over $500 for it. Instead of the Aaxa I would have bought the one made by 3M which is only like $40 more.
  8. llittlejc

llittlejc Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i want one but really thats so cool...
  9. monkeybear

monkeybear New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Actually I looked at the Optoma unit as my buddy picked it up from Japan. First off it's $399 (45,000 yen in Akihabra) Second the resolution is only 480x320 which is pretty crappy. Third it's not as bright. Fourth is runs HOT. Fifth the Aaxatech has onboard menu, decoding, takes my SD card, has 1GB on board etc. I downloaded, loaded, and watched an entire episode of American Dad yesterday on batteries only...

And dude, did you look at my pics the Aaxatech is same size as the Ipod touch, just a bit thicker.

How is the Optoma better again??? And the 3M - I dunno man, it has NOTHING...

The only good thing about the Optoma is that the reds seem a bit better - It'll give that to ya.

Please Register or Log in to view images

As for the microvision one - the laser one seems cool but the blogs are saying $500+. Screw that...
  10. DJIA305

DJIA305 New Member

That's what makes it worth $399. Smooth, shiny and slim.

Attached Files: