Watch Out for 2 apps on Cydia!

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by BigDaveyJ, Jul 29, 2008.

1. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are 2 apps that have been causing me and my friends trouble. 1 is SpringRoll

SpringRoll changes icons and images in the ipod. One thing it doesnt tell you is that it makes backups. So when it makes a backup, it adds other images. These images aren't in the code signature. So the apps become unavailable for use. You will get a "this app is not able to open"

The second is Toggle SSH.. When i started to use it, my iPod's ip address changed constantly. And it just caused me to restore.

Hope this helped.
  2. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You don't need to post these things twice. If bgizzle sees this to be fit for the front page, he can use the original post.
  4. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    No this won't help anyone at all, and posting it twice won't help either, firstly all themeing programs cause issues IF you don't use them properly and second if you just leave your SSH on your IP won't change frequently or drastically, and no it will not drain your battery, only the actual SSHing process drains battery.
  5. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Spring Roll makes backups in the apps which will cause them to not work. Using the SSH Toggler will cause it to change 1 every hour which will cause problems, especially if changing .artworks. And i posted in both because for 1, I didn't know, and 2, one was for a look out and one was for submitting for front page.
  6. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    thanks. even though i still need to pwn.