Watch anything you'd normally watch on SurfTheChannel.com streaming on your Device!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zeronone123, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Zeronone123

Zeronone123 New Member

Intro
    This is a guide reguarding the high demand for streaming iPhone and iPod Touch media. Using this method is recommended because:
    A) It does not require you to pay any money
    B) It is extremely easy.
    C) It is very fast, doesnt require anything other then iMobileCinema
    D) It has an amazing variety, from most television shows, old and new to movies.

Requires:
    A computer with working internet
    A Jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch which is connected to wifi
    iMobile Cinema from Cydia

Steps
    0) If your iPod Touch/iPhone is already jailbroken and you have imobilecinema skip to 5
    1) Turn on your iPhone/Touch
    2) Jailbreak your iPod/Phone (If you do not know how to do this, google quickpwn, the rest will be explained on the website)
    3) After jailbreaking your device, ensure you have cydia and Installer.
    4) To download iMobileCinema, open Cydia and touch Manage>Sources>Edit>Add "http://d.imobilecinema.com" and search iMobileCinema and download it to your device.
    5) On your computer, go to SurfTheChannel.com and find an episode/movie you would like to watch on your ipod.
    6)If there is not a youtube or megavideo link to watch it on, it wont work with this guide, so find another movie/episode.
    7) Write down several megavideo URLs that youd like to watch, all you can store on your devices "Notes" app, or write the EXACT name, EG SP905 (which is a southpark episode I previously viewed)
    8) Go to the URL you wrote down, or search the exact name of the video on http://www.megavideo.com/ and touch the circled play arrow (If instead you see a lego piece, iMobileCinema is not on or malfunctioning)
    9) Enjoy the content!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Notes:
    This is my first post ever, and I wanted to make a tutorial, so if you see any problems, dont be affraid to point them out

I am not in any way associated with these websites and I am not responsible for any legal issues you may encounter while using them.

Jailbreaking a device may void its warranty, so consider this before doing it.
  2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

imobilecinema is in beta. like extreme beta. it hasnt worked for me.
  3. Zeronone123

Zeronone123 New Member

Same for me, ususally. Most websites dont work for it, but megavideo does. Trust me, just try it.
  4. RustiX

RustiX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Didn't work for me

it buffered upto 100% and then showed a messaged saying failed to play the video
  5. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    isn't surfthechannel illegal?

i know because i wawtch heroes episodes on it, lol after they're out in teh US

anways... i'll try it this guide would be very helpful if it works

6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That is a great way to use your first post! Thanks for the tutorial and enjoy iPTF.