Warrinty/Replacement Questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by fenderman8000, Aug 28, 2008.

1. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so about four to five months ago i bought a brand new iPod in its plastic and was completely new from some guy off of craigslist. It was also a newer model that came with 1.1.4.. Recently my iPods been acting all stupid cus it freezes on the boot logo all the time and I cant fix it unless i do an annoying plug ipod to computer, wait, do it again procedure, so basically its kind of broken. If I take it to my Apple Store and I can convince them how its broken can I get a new one? Because I'm pretty sure I called Apple before and have registered my iPod before.. Note: i Have not bought the 2 year apple protection plan, and I also do not have a reciept cus I bought it from somone
  2. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Theres a thread on top 5 ways to get your ipt replaced, but since you dont have a recipt i dunno...
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

All iPods are still under direct Apple warranty that they get when they come off the production lines.

ALL iPods have a 1 year warranty.
  4. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So as long as I have my serial code I can get it replaced if I have a good reason? I just checvked and my warrinty ends on April 2009
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

No, you don't even have to have the serial number.

All iPod are good until September 2008, and if you bought one after September 2008 and have the serial number, they're good until whenever you bought them +1 year.
  6. River

River New Member

Next time you buy from someone, get a "Bill of Sale" at least. Or some kind of change of ownership document.
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You don't need it. The iPod warranty is based solely on the serial number, time of purchase, and condition of the iPod (Not obviously destroyed on purpose).
  8. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok so right now im trying to find out a way for them to replace my ipod but my ipod is jailbroken so after I restore it how can I convince them to replace it? because my problem is very random on when it freezes and does the gay boot logo thing.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    like what is the best way after you restore to get a replacement on an iPod? I want to know the best way to brick an iPod without the Apple ppl ever knowing I did.
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Tell them it freezes after you use it for a few hours, then it gets stuck on the home screen, then flickers and starts to get really hot, then won't boot up again unless you charge it for a few hours.

They won't want to sit around for that long, especially if your bring it in at night, and they'll most likely give you a new iPod.
  10. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    is there an easy way to just make it bricked without them ever knowing how it did? cus that was what my real problem was, it always gets bricked on the Apple Boot..