Warrenty + Jailbreak= what?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DarthVader1432, Jan 13, 2009.

1. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well I have already jailbroken my iphone 3g.

I know it voids the apple warrenty but i dont care becuase apple warranty sucks and they only fix it if the iphone is in perfect condition. So If the ipod IS in perfect condition I can put it into recovery mode and restore. Then send it to apple without them ever knowing I jailbroke it. I understand this.

I bought my iphone 3g from bestbuy. I also purchased bestbuy warranty where I pay 15 dollars a month so I get full protection on my iphone. This covers basically everything apple doesnt cover in there warrenty: scratches, cracks, water damage, everything physically except stolen or loss.

Now Say I drop my jailbroken iphone in water. I cant restore it obviously because it wont turn on/ damaged dock so it remains jailbroken. Apple wont do anything becuase its water damage.
    Here is the big question: Will Bestbuy do anything?
  2. breyden

breyden Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    still pug it in.. see if its detected in itunes. If it:

Does detect:

Do recovery

Doesn't detect:

Iphone is obviously broken

Either way.. they wont find you JB it and just return it.. After all you said it was warranted for water damage
  3. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    see thats what im thinking if its water damaged they wont be able to figure out its jailbroken. and if i can see the screen on the iphone chances are i can still control the touch screen which i can just erase all apps and take stuff off winter board. then they will never know.

if i cant control the touch screen then i can smash it more until the screen turns off completely lol. then they will never know.
  4. breyden

breyden Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    But the question is... Would they take it back?
  5. konungr

konungr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is it so hard to read the entire post before saying anything? He has a Best Buy Product Service Plan.
  6. MJeto7

MJeto7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I wouldnt smash the screen. Doesnt sound like a good idea...

You'd be like "uh... I dropped it in a puddle, and accidentally stepped on it" hahahaha. idk if they'd buy it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    true lol

except i solved the problem\

im not going to jailbreak it anymore unless something really good comes out becuase i was jailbreaking for cycorder and themes.

cycorder is kinda over rated and i didnt use it that much and themes make my iphone look cool but they are not THAT important to put a warranty in danger

so im not going to jailbreak for now. espeicially becuase now I found other ways to entertain my self on iphone like ghost in the shell stand alone complex which is awsome