warrenty covers what ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chisoxrock17, Jan 27, 2009.

1. chisoxrock17

chisoxrock17 New Member

i have a few questions. one, if my first gen. ipod touch breaks, under the apple one year warenty will i get a 2nd gen. in return? two, what damages and problems are covered by apple and what is not covered by apple. i know the screen cracking is not covered and i know water issues are not covered, but what do i tell them if i went in their and told them i wanted a new one ?
    thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    you get a refurb of the one you got. it covers hardware and software defects.
  3. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it really covers nothing but hardware malfunctions that aren't ur fault. and no u wont get a 2g in return u will get referb 1g. if u ask for a new one they will get you one and hand it to you when u u give them $180 bucks. (cost of refurbished 1g)
  4. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

im wondering this as well... so if the home button breaks or i need a new one, i will get a refurb?? and also if i pay some money to upgrade to more memory will they allow that or not?
  5. chisoxrock17

chisoxrock17 New Member

soo for 180 dollars i can get 2nd gen. if i wait until my 12 months is almost up will that number start to go down or will it stay the same because the value of both ipods are decreasing in value ?
  6. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    nofor $230 u can get a 2g. for $180 u can get a 1g. if u wait to June or later u might be able to get a 2g for around $200 refurbished
  7. chisoxrock17

chisoxrock17 New Member

alright thanx il probly wait awihl