Warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by justan, Jan 19, 2009.

1. justan

justan New Member

I thought the touch came with 1 year warranty? I just got an email saying my 90 day complimentary(sp?) service was up? I just got it x-mas eve so even if it was 90 days it isnt almost up...?? Whats goin on?
  2. Cruuncher

Cruuncher Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The 90 day warrenty could be one provided by the retailer not apple itself
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    where did you get your ipod from? And who was the email from? apple?
  4. justan

justan New Member

Im not sure, got it for Christmas. The email was directly from apple, but i think i mis-read it. The email subject said "Hurry. Your ipod touch support ends soon." so i think seeing that i kind of freaked out and didnt really read through what the email said. Heres what it said-

"The complimentary 90-day telephone technical support for your iPod touch ends soon.* Extend both your telephone technical support and your hardware service coverage for two years from the purchase date of your iPod with the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod touch"
  5. sowhatu

sowhatu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ALWAYS BEST.. to buy an extended warranty from store...
    thats how i "traded" in my 2 previous PMP'S.

i just drained the batteries on devices, and said they were messed up and that i h8'd that device... paid an exta fee and got good model of different device.

we all know itouch 3G will be out this year... so when u buy 2G, get extra warranty.. love ur 2G until new model comes out... then take back to store and say its messed up and u want new model.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You still have a one year warranty they just won't talk to you via phone support for free.
  7. justan

justan New Member

ya i figured that out after i read it through lol. So when does the 3g come out? September right? My warranty is good till then

Please Register or Log in to view images