Warranty/Replacement Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amandureja, Jul 14, 2010.

1. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay guys so I have an iPod Touch 3G which needs to be replaced as for an extremely loose home button. I am waiting for the 4.0 jailbreak to come out before I replace it, but I have a couple questions:

1. Should I take EVERYTHING back to the store? This includes headphones, the box, and instruction manuals? Because I want to get the replacement in a box (don't ask, i just love unboxing).

2. Will they give me a new iPod or a refurbished one? Because my plan is that I take it straight home and put it straight in my case so i don't get any scratches on the sexy metal backing. Also, i trust new more than refurbished.

3. I read somewhere that Apple wants all iPod Touch and iPhones to be installed with 3.1.3 at the retailers (except iphone 4) and the user must upgrade to iOS4 manually. Is this true? Because if new iPod Touch's come with 3.1.3, then there really is no point in waiting for a jailbreak for 4.0 to get it replaced.

4. This is off topic, but will wallpapers that are native resolution for the iPhone 4 look even better on an iPod Touch 3G? Like more clear and sharp?
  2. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    1.I'd say thats up to you really.You may want to just incase but you probably just need to take the iPod itself.

2.They will most likely give you a refurbished one.You will get a new one if the refurbished ones keep coming in broken and if your iPod is in really bad shape and really needed a new one to be replaced.

3.I don't believe it needs to have the 3.1.3 installed on it.If they require it they should be able to do it themselves...

4.Most likely theres no change.
  3. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for your reply, but I still have a couple questions:

2. I have no idea what you mean.

3. What I was saying is that do they come with 3.1.3 or 4.0 preinstalled? in order to jailbreak

4. I guess, but i was thinking that it would look better since it is more pixels. w.e
  4. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    2.They will refurbish your iPod.Or sometimes they will replace it but rarely.

3.If it's installed with 3.1.3 it can be jailbroken.If it's installed with 4.0 it can't be done.

4.Probably not.