warranty: refurb/new

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dytoonn, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Dytoonn

Dytoonn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've having some problems with stuck pixels (6)... They're not really noticeable (except 1) (only when brightness is set @100%) but just the fact I know they're here, is bothering me. So I would like to use my warranty and exchange my iPod for a replacement. (I don't think they'll repair it...?)

So: Will I get a refurb or a new one? Is there some kind of policy? Like if you own it for more as 90 days you'll get a refurb, if less: a new one? Or do you just have to be lucky?

Please Register or Log in to view images

(reason I'm asking this; I'd like to wait 180 days to see if it gets worse, also because that's the time how long your iPod touch will be repaired completely free, and than have a 'new' iPod.) If there is some kind of policy I'd might just bring it back to the store asap.

So suppose I'll have a refurb; I've read they're as good as new. But will there be any scratches on the metal back? And most important to me: Is the battery new? I don't want to end up with a one or two month(s) old battery... Since the battery is the first thing to 'kill' your iPod touch, I want to be sure I'll have a new battery!

So the main question is: Is it worth the risk/effort to exchange my 'new' (1 month old) iPod touch with a few stuck pixels for a refurb? If I'll get a new one, the answer is simple...

2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    youll get a new ipod within the 90 days and they will fix dead pixels
    i got refurb for a faulty headphone jack and it was like brand new just no box
    no scratches or anything also it has great battery life
  3. Dytoonn

Dytoonn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Really? I've read a lot of reactions on the internet who said that they've got a new/refurb ipod touch for just some broken pixels... Maybe also with that, you'll have to be lucky?

4. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yeah to a certain extent luck is involved
  5. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    dead pixels

My Touch 2G had a little cluster of "dead pixels" that looked like a little dirt under the glass. It cleared up. It was there, now it is not there.

I'd say, give it as much time as possible.