Warranty questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tech3475, Aug 24, 2009.

1. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How bad must the battery be before Apple replace it under the warranty and can they remove the dirt from under the screen cover?

Also i had mine imported and i dont have a receipt, does that matter as long as i ask before september or is it by the purchase date? (october)
  2. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I always assumed batteries aren't covered by the warranty.

You get a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase (or really the date you first connected it to iTunes)
  3. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I thought batteries were covered since the controversy over the ipod battery?
  4. Duykur

Duykur Banned

The dirt under the screen is not a manufacturing error, and thus not covered by warranty. Battery on the other hand is. Unfortunatly the dirt might void your warranty, depending on how nice the genius bar person is.
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    battery is covered. idk about the time of use you get out of it, but i would suggest you work on your negotiation skills to get them to replace it. i dont see how dirt isnt a manufacturing problem, since my ipod has no dust or anything under the screen. argue that its a manufacturing error and that nobody else has dirt under the screen. never admit that you dropped your ipod in a pile of dirt....(i doubt u did but w/e). the warranty goes on dents. if you dropped it and only scratched it, its perfectly fine.