Warranty question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by willryan42, Feb 23, 2008.

1. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

I bought my touch a few days ago from Best Buy without getting the warranty, because I didn't have enough money at the time. I couldn't wait, so I jailbroke it right away. Now that I have the money, I'm wondering how I can still buy the warranty. How is the process exactly? Will they just look at the serial number on the back and that's it? Or will they kind of look around on my ipod, because I don't want them to see that it's jailbroken. Does anybody know?
  2. callmejeffy

callmejeffy New Member

Well, I think that its a one year standerd warrenty when you buy it. Because thats what came with my ipod, you can buy a 2 year warrenty from AppleCare though. Details are on Apple 's site.
  3. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    They will probably ask for your serial number when buying a warranty. Also just to let you know. Jailbreaking is not illegal because you bought the product so you can do whatever you want to it. But it does break your warranty. But if you need to send the iPod to Apple for whatever reason you can always do a restore. Put some dummy songs on then send because a restore wipes your iPod back to factory settings.
  4. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

Well I'd like to get the warranty from best buy, meaning I would walk in there with the ipod, and tell them I want to buy it. I figured they'd look at it for the serial number, but i wasn't sure if they'd use the actual ipod to see what was on it, otherwise i wouldn't be able to get the warranty. Of course I could just restore it, but I don't want to erase everything on it.
  5. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm guessing you have 1.1.3? If you have it make a page to the side and put all your apps on it then put the original background up and just make it look legit. If you don't then just make a categories page called like clock or something like that or Calender. Something not noticeable but that they would think is on there from default. Put all of your apps in that including the one its called Ie: Calender or clock or something like that and there you go. It looks legit.

But I doubt they will even look at your iPod making sure its ok. They probably just need a serial number.
  6. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Restore it before sending it in. They wont inspect your ipod for jailbreaks.