warranty question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lfiano, Aug 10, 2010.

1. lfiano

lfiano New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    On january i bought my 3gen ipod touch. now in august the home button is completely broken. it doesnt make click and doesnt responds. on march i changed my digitizer because i broke it and everything was fine, the physical aspect of the ipod is PERFECT without scratchs.. my question is if i go to bestbuy (site when i bought it) for replace it saying that it happened suddenly and saying that it never felt down and obviously that i never open the ipod will be under my warranty and ill get a new ipod?

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks
  2. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Did you replace the digitizer yourself or get it replaced by an apple authorised shop? Because if you did it then you have voided the waranty already.
  3. lfiano

lfiano New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    authorized
  4. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't believe changing out the digitizer voids warranty. Best Buy isn't going to open up your iPod and check for voided warranties, it's only Apple that really cares about that. I believe you still have your 1 year Apple warranty on your iPod in this case.
  5. lfiano

lfiano New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yes i think it too.. and the pieces that i gave to the reseller were OEM pieces i bought the exact piece that my ipod had