Warranty on Ipod Touch 1g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dragomer, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys....

I picked up my ipod touch last year around July or August *facepalm*

Please Register or Log in to view images

i know.. i know.. I knew nothing about update cycles or anything....

So I bought the extended service plan through best buy which covers the device for 3 years. My applecare is up... and I am starting to have some problems with the headphone jack and battery. I was thinking of taking it in to Best Buy in hopes it would not be able to be fixed..... and I would get a new referb 1g, or possibly pay to upgrade to a 2g. ( I have heard of this happening)

Case in point.... I know that stores like Best Buy will keep inventory of some older devices because they sell these long service plans. However what I really want to know is would I increase my chances in any way at all of possibly getting a 2g for a smaller fee if I wait until the 3g comes out? Or would it more than likely not matter?
  2. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

I doubt it would matter..

Remember the rule of thumb- Big companies want massive amounts of money.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Your not going to get a 2G or 3G if you bring in your 1st gen.
  4. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

He's asking if it would give him a discount.
  5. KhmerB10

KhmerB10 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm in the same situation as you too,

My friend used to have a 1G iPod nano, and like 2 years later about, it broke (still under futureshop warranty) and the store offered an iPod touch for about 100$ (It was 300$ back then)

So, best buy might try to fix it, if its not fixed, they might give you a newer iPod 2G or perhaps 3G, but you're still gonna have to pay something
  6. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yea I do not care to pay something to get a 2g... 100 .. or even 150 would be sweet to get a 32gb 2g....

I guess in my mind waiting until the 3g came out would increase my chances just because it would be 2 generations behind now.... Which in apple years is like legacy hardware haha...

Well whatever happens ... I have learned to pay attention to update cycles...