warranty on first-gn device

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rrroach, Jul 18, 2010.

1. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

When the 2nd-Gen iPod Touch came out, I bought a refurbished 16GB 1st-Grn model from Apple, along with the Apple Care Plan, which I have never used AT ALL (I've never had any problems that didn't come from my mistakes, like dropping it or going into a pool with it in my pocket; restores have fixed everything for me ALWAYS).

I now realize that my 1st-Gen is officially outdated, and I think I'll be getting an iPod Touch G4 when it comes out.

My question is about the warranty. Since 1st-Gen models havent been in production for years, what kind of device would I get back if something ever happened to it? Of course, this is assuming that they couldn't fix it. Do they still have 1st-Gens in an undergroubd bomb shelter so that they never lose any money, or would they hook me up with a refurbished or new 2nd-Gen if there weren't any 1st-Gens left, OR would they just say, "hey, we're Apple, and we have the best customer support EVER, so to prove it to you, we're going to give you a BRAND NEW 3rd-Gen iPod Touch!"

And since I have a 16GB, it's safe to assume that I'd get that same capacity at minimum, right?
  2. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Is the warranty still in date and valid? If yes then Im not sure, but if not then your out of luck.
  3. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I'm sure they have 1st gens. If they didn't then they'd fix yours and send it back.
  4. rrroach

Yup! It's still valid for at least a couple more months.

They probably do. I'm still going to ask someone at the Apple store the next time I go there.
  5. rrroach

The Mr. Apple Guy said he wasn't sure. ._.