Warranty Covers it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jelly, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    My iPod Touch 2G has a few dead pixels in some corners and sides. I'm sure of it, so I can trade it in because I'm still under warranty. I want to trade it tomorrow. (I got my 2G Touch in December) I have three questions:

1. Will Apple cover it in warranty?
    2. Will they fix/repair/replace with new or replace with refurb?
    3. My earphones broke. Will they still cover my iPod? (A bud came out of the socket.
    4. There are three small dents and a couple scratches from wear and tear because I keep it in my pocket. Will it be covered if I explain?

Second Dilemma. I bought the Earphones with Remote and Mic for my 2G in February. It has the 1 year limited warranty, so I guess it's covered. The side with a remote/mic stopped working. The remote and mic works, but the bud doesn't. Can I replace it at Apple tomorrow as well?

Ya. I'm having bad luck.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well first off you need to have 5 dead pixels in a single square inch of the screen or something to qualify for a replacement but with all he other problems with yours that might not accept it
  3. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    AFAIK, warranty should cover any manufacturer's defects, and any other problem that wasn't the direct result of accident, misuse, or abuse. But every manufacturer has their specific terms, of course always written in lawyer-speak. I'd send it in and give it a shot; the worst that could happen is you get it back the same way.
  4. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I talked to a customer service person on the phone and he said if I explained what happened, they would replace it...