warranty cost.. and benefits

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arikado, Oct 20, 2008.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    is it logical for me to get warranty? here in canada, an 8gb 2g ipod touch is worth 300 dollars on the spot (with tax already included).. and i have a perfect 300 lined up for it. I dont want to spend anymore on it.

1) how much is warranty?

2) what does it cover?, say i turn it on and i find a problem..like that it freezes, do i need warranty for that? or can i just return it for another w/ the need for warranty?

3) say i dont buy warranty. and my ipod has a problem/broke. how much does it cost to repair it?
  2. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

DO NOT BUY APPLE WARRANTY when you purchase your ipod. You have 364 days before you have to purchase it. You never know if you may lose your ipod or it's stolen or you wish to sell it BEFORE the extended warranty starts.
  3. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    oh i see.. so theres already an automatic 1 year warranty once you purchase it? sorry i'm not so keen on the whole warranty thing..
  4. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What?

You are given limited warranty which means only manufactural faults not any cosmetic damage or accidental damage done by you so if you drop your iPod Touch you will be paying out for a new one.
  5. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

I would suggest AppleCare. You can buy up to a year anytime after you purchase the iPod, but it's much better than the included warranty. Basically it's a full replacement warranty and it's fairly cheap. Plus it lasts for 2 years. And hey, if you do decide to sell it during that time, you could probably charge a little more because it has a warranty.