Warpgate: Modify the Universe

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mr Hack, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Mr Hack

Mr Hack Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Did you know that practically everything in the game Warp Gate can be modified, just by changing simple text files? This includes:

- Adding, removing and modifiying weapons, ships and races (although only a maximum of the original number)
    - Editing each system to completely rearrange planets and encounters, and even add new ones.
    - Create your own story line and missions.

But be warned, this is no simple task. If you are interested in just changing stats, it is as simple as locating the right file and changing a variable. Also, if you have iFile, you can mod it from your iPod Touch or iPhone.

Please be warned though, messing with the wrong files or just having ONE wrong letter/number in the wrong place and Warp Gate will fail to run. Make sure you know what you are doing. Fear not, if you mess up just reinstall the app! I have not experimented with adding an entire new system, because this would require a lot of editing in the mission files. But, it is possible the way I see it.

If anyone is interested in learning how to mod paticular parts of the game, I can post instructions, but as far as I know, it is illegal to post modded files. So, you will have to change the files yourself.